[Mailman-Users] Tip for finding in the source

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Mar 17 22:10:41 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> The moderator didn't block your first message. Content filtering
> discarded it because after removing the text/html part, there was
> nothing left.
Ohh, I understand. Sorry about the misunderstanfing
>> What I need to do is:
>> - if the email have been marked as Spam by the Mailman Spam filters,
>>  comment the line:
>>  #nmsg.attach(MIMEMessage(msg))
>>  else, include the original email:
>>  nmsg.attach(MIMEMessage(msg))
> So you need to add the logic to do this. E.g., instead of just
> commenting out the attachment of the message
>             #nmsg.attach(MIMEMessage(msg))
> you need something like
>             if msg.get('x-spam-flag') <> 'YES':
>                 nmsg.attach(MIMEMessage(msg))
Great! Will do it right now.
>> - Detect if the email has been rejected because the Mailman Spam Filter
>>  made a hit.
> Isn't this the same thing as above?
yes :)
>> - I never code in python(but did in C++, php, perl, etc). My question
>> is, how do
>>  I convert the Hold.py to Hold.pyc ?
> Python does it automatically the first time the module is imported with
> the timestamp on the .py later than the .pyc, it will recompile and
> save a new .pyc (assuming it has permission).
Thats nice. Will test it right now.

Can I later submit the patch for:
[ 1219887 ] switch to not send body of spam to owner

Later I will be asking help again for solving:
[ 1443069 ] If an email is filtered with a SPAM filter, do not reply

Oliver Schulze L.
<oliver at samera.com.py>