[Mailman-Users] FAQ 6.9 on Debian Sarge

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Mar 26 21:49:21 CEST 2006

Manlio Perillo wrote:
>> Yuck.  Nor would I.  That shouldn't even be in the FAQ, AFAIAC.
> A mistake?

It's one way to solve the problem.  Just not one that I would
recommend. :)

The FAQ is (usually) self-service, meaning that anyone can edit it.
In this case, I think that a better solution exists on Sarge than the
one listed.

>> I'm not picking on Debian or implying that they're wrong to change
>> things to fit better within their system, just noting that the problem
>> is something that should be fixed in the Debian packaging.  The same
>> is true for any other vendor that packages Mailman.
> Yes.
> But I'm sure I'm not the only one to use Mailman on a Debian!
> Nobody hits this problem?
> All of them use newlist to create a new mailing list?

I doubt you're the only one.  But IIRC, the default MTA on Debian is
Exim.  So there are probably less users testing the postfix
integration in the packages.  That's my guess.

- --
To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)