[Mailman-Users] Archive Scrubbing HTML

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 31 07:56:08 CEST 2006

MichiganWxSystem Administration wrote:

>I have a list set up, that sends out HTML emails to my list subscribers.
>But if you go to the archive page, the HTML is scrubbed and your actually viewing the
>email source code. Not the idea situation. I need the HTML to be preserved, not scrubbed.
>I have played with the Archive features but no matter what is selected the HTML is scrubbed
>
>What needs to be changed to display the archive in html

Read the extensive documentation about the ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER
setting in Defaults.py.

The closest you can come is to set ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 3 in
mm_cfg.py, but be sure you read the notes about this setting in
Defaults.py before you decide to do this.

You can't get what you want which is inline (not scrubbed) HTML. You
can set ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER = 2 to leave the HTML inline, but then
Pipermail escapes it so what you see is source like HTML rather than
rendered HTML.