[Mailman-Users] language encoding for archives

kristina clair kclair at gmail.com
Fri May 26 18:47:14 CEST 2006

> >Sorry to ask such a vague question, but I'm just trying to get a
> >handle on how messages with different character sets get into the
> >archive pages.  What factors could cause them to be displayed with the
> >incorrect character set on the archive pages?
>

> Incorrect character set specification on the message or a sub-part or
> no character set specification at all on a text/plain message. Maybe
> other things too.

Thanks so much!  I discovered that messages that are using one
character set (charset="windows-1251") are appearing correctly and
messages that are using another character set (charset=iso-8859-1) are
not appearing correctly.

Is the only fix for this for the list members to use the character set
which is appearing correctly after mailman processing?

Kristina