[Mailman-Users] List Doesn't Appear on Admin Page nor Listinfo Page

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Nov 1 17:52:09 CET 2006

I am testing Mailman on Ubuntu.  I created the site list.
Then I created a test list vm6mmtestlist1.  I do not remember how
I created it, but I think it was via the web.  I had a problem with
the Mailman configuration because I am using a virtual machine under
Ubuntu, and I was confused as to the name I should use in the
mm_cfg.py file - the name of the virtual machine or the name of the
host machine.  I corrected the config to point to the name of the
virtual machine.  I created a second test list vm6mmtestlist2.
There was nothing in the aliases file for Postfix, so I corrected the
problem and ran

     bin/genaliases

That command generated the aliases for all three lists.

When I go to the web, the admin page and the Lists Overview pages
contain

     Mailman
     vm6mmtestlist2

The vm6mmtestlist1 list does not appear, and I do not know why.
The list has

     Privacy options...
          Advertised   Yes

and I believe that there are no config differences between lists 1 and 2
except for Sender filters in list2.

I assume that it was due to a misconfiguration when the list was
created (that is why I created list2), but I cannot determine how to
make the test list appear in these two web pages.  I have looked at FAQ
4.62 and 4.17, but neither seems to have a resolution to my problem.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov