[Mailman-Users] Private archive file not found

Rob Smithers mailmanuserslist at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:45:03 CET 2006

On 11/2/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> Rob Smithers wrote:
>
> >The problem is that
> >Mailman is trying to send all archive traffic to .php extensions when
> >all of the archive files have .html extensions.  If I try for a thread
> >view, which should, according to the index.html file launch
> >thread.html, Mailman tries to launch thread.php which doesn't exist.
>

> So, are you saying that you go to
> <http://example.com/mailman/private/thelist/> and you get to the
> list's archive index file and there you find a 'thread' link to
> <http://example.com/mailman/private/thelist/2006-November/thread.html>
> and you try to go to that and get directed to the non-existent
> <http://example.com/mailman/private/thelist/2006-November/thread.php>
> instead?

Yes, that's what currently happens.

> If so, I think this must be due to some rewrite rule in your Apache
> configuration.

That's what I thought at first, but the rewrite modules is disabled in
the Apache config, and there are not even commented rewrite rules in
the httpd.conf.  I've checked through the directory structure, and
there are no .htaccess files enabling mod_rewrite, or setting any
rewrite rules.

Thanks,
Rob