[Mailman-Users] Too Many Lists?

Todd Seeleman seeleman at gse.upenn.edu
Thu Nov 16 19:20:47 CET 2006

Greetings,

     I've been happily converting text/aliases based lists to mailman
(Tru64 Unix v5.1b, Sendmail 8.13.7, Apache Server version:
Apache/2.0.54, Mailman version: 2.1.9) and everything has been working
great.  I have ~150 lists with ~16,000 addresses distributed among them.
  Most of the lists are < 100 with a few > 2000.  I find when I add
another list things get goofy.  I can get to a list's admin page fine
but when I click on another link, even a documentation or logout link, I
get a "web page not found" browser message.  At this point I cannot even
logout from the admin page.  When I remove the additional list operation
returns to normal. I've checked_perms, restarted apache & mailman, and
searched the FAQ all with no luck.  I seem to be on the border of some
system limit.  I also copied the installation to a similar, backup
system and got the same results.  Any ideas?

Todd Seeleman

    Todd Seeleman, Systems Analyst
    Penn Graduate School of Education
    3440 Market Street, Rm 477        email: seeleman at gse.upenn.edu
    Philadelphia, PA. 19104-3325      phone: 215-573-8378