[Mailman-Users] AOL Rant

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Nov 17 05:27:18 CET 2006

At 7:05 PM +0000 11/16/06, Alain Williams wrote:

>  AFIR AOL will do this if they see lots of mail coming from you, it is an
>  anti spam measure. If you contact them and say that you run mail lists
>  they will enter you into their OK list.

Speaking as the former Sr. Internet Mail System Administrator for
AOL, I understand all too well what they're doing and why, and just
how stupid some of their stuff is.

That said, problems with AOL are well-known, and there are entries in
the FAQ wizard that will provide you the information you need to do
the best you can to work around the ones we know about.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.