[Mailman-Users] Unadverti*** lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Nov 18 21:34:25 CET 2006

Phil usps wrote:

>I understand how to make a list not show up on the mailing list overview
>page by setting the privacy option-- Advertise this list to NO. However, I
>do not understand why this causes the list to no longer show up on the Admin
>Links page. As Site administrator, I want to easily see all the lists.

Since anyone (and any spambot) can visit the admin overview page, it is
not effective to hide a list from the listinfo overview and continue
to expose it on the admin overview.

>How can I make them all show on up the Admin Links page? If that is not
>possible, how can I see a listing of all the lists? I cannot find an answer
>in the FAQs.

If you are willing to patch Mailman to do this, it is fairly simple to
modify Mailman/Cgi/admin.py to skip the 'advertised' test.

There is also the command line tool bin/list_lists.

Also, you may be interested in the thread beginning at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-October/046952.html>.