[Mailman-Users] Approve subscription requests via mail

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Nov 19 10:00:48 CET 2006

At 8:57 AM -0500 11/18/06, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>  Would this work for us?  The Python community is much larger than the
>  Mailman community, so has a larger pool of volunteers to draw from.
>  A competing concern is that our Mailman experts like Mark, Brad, and
>  everyone else here on mailman-users wouldn't get burned out and just
>  leave mailman-help (or worse, leave mailman-users too!).

This might very well work.  But speaking only for myself, I would not
be interested in being on the mailman-help list.

I'm perfectly happy to use the Mailman standard site admin tools to
create a new list for this function, but other people are going to
have to be the listowner and/or moderator, as well as the
knowledgeable people on the list who would be responding back to
these "help" requests.

If this mechanism works, I think it would help take some of the load
off mailman-users, since you'd probably get fewer people sending
e-mail if the list isn't linked directly from that particular place
on the Mailman web space at list.org & gnu.org.

Beyond that, I'm not sure I have anything useful to add.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad at shub-internet.org>

Trend Micro has announced that they will cancel the stop.mail-abuse.org
mail forwarding service as of 15 November 2006.  If you have an old
e-mail account for me at this domain, please make sure you correct that
with the current address.