[Mailman-Users] ics / iCalendar attachments?

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Mon Nov 27 22:41:27 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Since your content filtering options include "collapse_alternatives =
> yes", Mailman selects only the first alternative of those that remain
> after initial filtering for delivery to the list. Thus the
> text/calendar alternative is dropped in favor of the text/plain
> alternative.

Ok, that I can understand.

> 1) teach Microsoft Exchange to send the calendar part only without the
> text/plain alternative, or generate the message differently so it does
> that, or

Two words: Brick-wall & Head (as in: hitting one against the other ...
I'll accomplish the same whichever I do).

Although I don't think it's a M$ Exchange problem ... when I sent a
event attachment with GMail, I get the same behavior.

> 2) set "collapse_alternatives = no", but this may have other, unwanted
> effects.

Maybe.  I'll have to experiment.

david