[Mailman-Users] Using Mailman over SSH-Tunnel

Dark Servant darkservant at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 11:16:03 CET 2006

On 11/28/06, Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/28/06, Dark Servant <darkservant at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hm.. what exactly does the fix_url script do? Changing the URLs on the
> > interface as I want?
> It changes the URLs on the pages to match the current config.
>
> > Am I right that setting the DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN to something like "
> > http://localhost:8080/mailman" will work for me, as long people always
> > forward port 8080?
> This isn't exactly right, but you've got the general idea.
> --
> - Patrick Bogen

Ok.. after some twiddling, I came up with this configuration:
mm_cfg.py:
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = '
http://localhost:8080/%s/mailman/<http://localhost:8080/%25s/../mailman/>
'
add_virtualhost('localhost','lists.foo.com')

I also had to add
lists.foo.com/pipermail
lists.foo.com/mailman
as aliases to http.conf

The virtualhost allows me to create xxx at lists.foo.com lists using the
localhost-ssh-tunnel.

That seems to work on first look. Anyone already sees some problems I may
face soon?

David