[Mailman-Users] Old lists are working. New lists discard allmessages. How to debug?

Brian Parish bmp at univexsystems.com
Wed Nov 29 13:26:22 CET 2006

Patrick Bogen wrote:
> On 11/28/06, Brian Parish <bmp at univexsystems.com> wrote:
>> Is there really no way of having mailman indicate a reason for
>> discarding a message?  It would be really helpful to know what criteria
>> are in play here.
>
> In fact, Mailman normally does give a reason in the vette log, except
> in a few limited circumstances, like that which Dan mentioned.

I did a bit more digging and found that the lists which don't work have
no entries in /usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

Obviously a problem!  Tried creating another list and found that entries
were created in /usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman and indeed, that
one works (although with other issues, which I'll post on separately).
Having gone through the same process for both, I am at a loss to
understand this, but does this info add anything to the understanding of
anyone else?

Brian