[Mailman-Users] Re-enabling users who exceed the bounce threshold

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 4 16:51:38 CEST 2006

Robert Bannocks wrote:

>How can I as a list administrator re-enable or more correctly re-set a
>given users bounce score.  In this case the causes of the bounces is out
>of the users hands.  I cannot see a way to do this in the web interface
>of on the FAQ/googling etc.

Go to the admin Membership List and set 'nomail' for the user and then
immediately reset it.

If you have command line access to Mailman, you can create a withlist
script to do this. See
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-August/052700.html>
for a withlist script the sets 'nomail'. You could add the line

    mlist.setDeliveryStatus(member, MemberAdaptor.ENABLED)

immediately following the line

    mlist.setDeliveryStatus(member, MemberAdaptor.BYADMIN)

in that script to do this.