[Mailman-Users] messages to listname-bounces lost

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 4 19:19:51 CEST 2006

K. Clair wrote:

>Oh, ok!  So there was a second problem with my installation, which I
>was going to send in a separate email, which seems to be the only real
>problem.  Which is that the email addresses in subscribe requests are
>being altered as such:
>kclair at gmail.com becomes kclair-owner at gmail.com.

This will happen to certain administrative messages if General
Options->umbrella_list is set to yes. Could that be it?

>I've never seen this behavior in a mailman list before!  I just
>recently upgraded to version 2.1.9.  One thing that I did do was copy
>the list config files from mailman version 2.1.8 AFTER mailman 2.1.9
>was already installed on the new server.  So any updates that might
>have been made to the list by the "upgrade" to 2.1.9 werent' made.
>Could this be related?

That shouldn't matter. The list config changes that would have been
done by the upgrade script will be done anyway the first time the list
is accessed.

If the issue is the umbrella_list setting, I don't know how it would
have changed, or is this a new list?