[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Postfix on different hosts?

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 17:10:42 CEST 2006

On 10/6/06, Anders Norrbring <lists at norrbring.se> wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
> But I don't feel that fetchmail would be the right way for me...
>
> I'm thinking that maybe I can mount the mailman executable directory
> from the webserver as a NFS share, and then run "as usual".
>
> Would that work?

While this is theoretically possible ('all' the mailman executables
need is to be able to access the configuration files and access the
qfiles), you're basically just installing mailman on your mail server,
with extra, needless, layers of complexity.

The best way, really, to do this is to either (a) use fetchmail, or
(b) set up your real mail server to forward the appropriate mail
(i.e., the mailman messages) to the MTA on the mailman machine. (a)
will be simpler, maybe (I've never actually done that.) (b) seems like
a 'better' solution, to me.

--
- Patrick Bogen