[Mailman-Users] Using a remote email account as a message source

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 21:17:47 CEST 2006

On 10/12/06, BigglesZX <biggleszx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was told (by someone to whom the problem may or may not have been
> succinctly explained) that Mailman could be my salvation, so here I am
> - installed and ready to go. The main question being: can a Mailman
> list be set up such that instead of using listname at localhost, a remote
> account is checked for messages and these are then distributed to the
> list?
>
> Or is my best option to forward all mail from this remote address to
> an account on the local machine, and then have the list operate in the
> normal way?

You can set up a program called 'fetchmail' to retrieve the mail from
those remote machines and deliver it to the local mailman address.

A "cleaner" solution would, in fact, be to forward those local
addresses to the list address at the machine running mailman.

Additionally, don't forget to set 'require_explicit_destination' to
off, if the listname doesn't match the aliases you're using.

--
- Patrick Bogen