[Mailman-Users] Cron gate_news

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 02:00:29 CEST 2006

On 10/12/06, Ki Song <ki at knifecenter.com> wrote:
> I don't see anything in there that would modify the mailman user's group
> setting in these files (crontab). Is there anywhere else that I should look?

You might want to check syslog, I believe most CRON implementations
report what they run when they run it.

Make sure there's nobody else that might be involved in administering
the machine that may be undoing what you're doing.

Make sure there are no daemonized processes running that might be
interested in keeping the groups a certain way.

I can't think of any other possibilities, aside from the machine being
compromised. However, it seems like that's excessive, considering the
symptom.

--
- Patrick Bogen