[Mailman-Users] Mailman Scrubbing archived attachments

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 13 18:00:51 CEST 2006

Mardi Wetmore wrote:

>Ok, I think I get it.  But, here's what we get at the bottom of the e-mail:

As I tried to indicate in my reply at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-October/053829.html>,
the Mailman installation itself is broken or misconfigured.

The URL should be
<http://cohousing-corvallis.com/pipermail/coholist_cohousing-corvallis.com/attachments/20061012/86e2d42a/attachment.pdf>
and it should be a clickable link in the archive. This URL does work
(I tried it).

For an example of how this is supposed to look in the archive, see
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-October/053780.html>.

see this is a cPanel installation. I don't know if the problem is the
cPanel Mailman or a misconfiguration, but it any case, it will
probably have to be addressed by cPanel or the administration of the
hosting server. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

Whoever is checking into this should first check the Defaults.py and
mm_cfg.py setting for PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL. The setting in Defaults.py
is (should be)

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

it should not be overridden in mm_cfg.py. It appears in your case it
may be

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = '/pipermail/%(listname)s'

which is wrong.