[Mailman-Users] Automatic notifications not going out

Tracey McCartney tracey at fairhousing.com
Sat Oct 14 04:19:40 CEST 2006

I own/moderate several Mailman lists hosted by Inmotion Hosting.  In other words, I don't run the server. :)  The mailman installation on the server we're using will not send out automatic notifications.  I don't think any of the lists I've ever run on my Inmotion account have ever sent out a monthly password reminder, and recently I also stopped getting moderator notices.

I can kick out a password reminder manually from a listmember's page, so Mailman clearly has the ability to send stuff, but it's not doing it automatically like it should.

I pointed the techs at Inmotion to this:  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#6.14  Unfortunately, the techs there don't even know how to get to the list config page, much less fix this problem.  They've restarted Mailman twice and they "ran a script on the VPS," whatever that means.  It hasn't helped.

Any suggestions I can pass along to them?  Would you suggest to me that I find a better host? :)

Thanks,

Tracey