[Mailman-Users] Automatic notifications not going out

Tracey McCartney tracey at fairhousing.com
Sun Oct 15 06:29:01 CEST 2006

At 09:06 PM 10/14/2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>If you have admin_immed_notify on (under Notifications on the General
>Options page), do you not get the immediate notices, or are you only
>missing daily notices?
>If only periodic messages such as daily admin summaries, monthly
>password reminders and periodic digests are missing, it is most likely
>because the Mailman cron jobs are not being run. Either the cron
>daemon (crond) is not running at all on the server or there is no
>crontab installed for the 'mailman' user which runs these jobs. See
><http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node41.html>.

I don't get notices when something is in the moderation queue, and my members don't get monthly password reminders.  I do get other notices, like uncaught bounce notices and notices when someone is removed from the list.  So clearly some immediate notices are working and some aren't.  There may be more than one problem.  I'm guessing it's a misconfiguration on the part of my host, because they appear not to know ANYTHING about Mailman.

Thanks,

Tracey