[Mailman-Users] What is them max subject length?

Nathaniel Nolet nolet at sinauer.com
Thu Oct 19 17:42:40 CEST 2006

Hello Mailman Users,

I recently rolled out a new mailserver and decided to use Mailman as
the mailing list software.  Everything has been going smoothly except
for one minor issue: it looks like sometimes a subject is too long
and gets turned into "(No Subject)", while the real subject becomes
the first line of the email.  I'd like to either change this setting
or let my end users know how long is too long, but I can't find the
max subject length documented anywhere, nor did it jump out at me on
the web interface.

I'm sure it's documented somewhere, but after checking the FAQ, the
Wiki, Google and The Fine Manuals I'm stumped.  Could someone point
me in the right direction?  Or does Mailman not do this at all and I
should look into that user's email client?

Thanks,
Nate Nolet