[Mailman-Users] Python API

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Oct 27 23:05:42 CEST 2006

On Oct 27, 2006, at 3:54 PM, Paul Gevers wrote:

> I am working on a customized user management system created in
> python/Zope. Currently I am using the bash script in mailman/bin to
> communicate with Mailman, but I like to do a little bit more (which is
> also possible with the "withlist" script) and in the main time speed
> thinks up by python directly. However, I want to be as sure as
> possible
> that my code does not break on software update. I tried to locate a
> document with the python API, but I didn't find it.
> It appears that the Mailman API is defined in MailList.py. Is this
> true?
> How stable is this API?

This is probably more of a mailman-developers question, so please
consider posting there.  In summary though, you might want to arrange
to have the Mailman directory on your sys.path, then you can just do
things like:

import Mailman.MailList

Other than the member adaptor, there really isn't a blessed API for
Mailman, since there hasn't been a huge demand.  I think this should
be improved for Mailman 2.2, but it will probably be anywhere from
somewhat to really different than what's available in Mailman 2.1.
What's there will not change significantly in the Mailman 2.1.x

- -Barry

Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)