[Mailman-Users] RESOLVED: Cron <mailman at king> /usr/bin/python -S/var/mailman/cron/senddigests

Charles Gregory cgregory at hwcn.org
Tue Oct 31 15:49:52 CET 2006

Hi and thanks!

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> I think the error comes from a messahe part that has
> end. You haven't seen it before, because it is the result of an
> encoding error by one person's broken MUA or possibly a message
> garbled in transit.

(nod) That is what I gathered from the web. But it keeps happening
every day. And thanks to your next comment I figured it out.....

> You have to find the problem message which will be in some list's
> lists/listname/digest.mbox file and edit the file to either fix or
> remove the problem message. The list will be the first one in
> alphabetical order that isn't getting it's periodic digests.

THANKS! I keep forgetting that apart from our main list we have a couple
of other small 'unused' ones. Unused, except that they attract the
occasional piece of spam! While the digest.mbox for the main list was
cycling properly, the digest.mbox for one of the smaller ones was 'stuck'
starting with the date the error appeared!

Fortunately no one gets the digest on that list, so I just trashed it.
And I am also happy because this means there is no 'regular poster'
on the main list using a broken MUA. (wipe brow with relief)

Excellent! So the cause was what I thought. I just had to look in the
right list for the 'bad' message. Thanks again!

- Charles