[Mailman-Users] query re "message has implicit destination"(devils advocate!)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Sep 1 01:24:40 CEST 2006

At 8:44 PM +0200 2006-08-31, Bretton Vine wrote:

>  The point I was illustrating is that if you have to justify the rationale
>  behind a default setting to a third-party-decision-maker -- what is the most
>  appropriate and concise response?

This is the key point that was not coming across to me, at least not
until much later in the exchange.  Speaking only for myself, I
seriously misunderstood what you were asking and why, which greatly
colored my responses.

I'm still not certain that we've given you the best answer to this
question, but I'm hoping that you'll be able to synthesize something
that you will then be able to contribute back to the community, and
we will hopefully be able to avoid these kinds of problems in the
future -- at least with respect to this one particular issue.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.