[Mailman-Users] Hijacking threads and netiquette (was: e: Obscure addresses problem)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Sep 5 19:14:55 CEST 2006

At 11:55 AM -0500 2006-09-05, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

>  I suppose that could be what happened.  Look, I've been participating
>  on Arpanet and Internet email lists since 1981, but every now and then
>  the fingers don't quite do it right, and we're all just going to have
>  to live with that; the perfect error-free human being has not yet been
>  invented.

True enough.  However, when a mistake like this occurs, you should
likewise be prepared for a reminder such as the one I gave you.

You and I both have been around long enough to teach others about
netiquette for over twenty years, and when we recognize that we've
accidentally done something then it shouldn't be a surprise when
others tell us about netiquette.

>  Ah, they have different content.

Yup.  They're different.

>                                     Okay.  And I've now checked through
>  the Wizard-driven FAQ and also find nothing relevant.

Did you search for "reauthentication"?  Or "saving my changes"?

What did you search for?  Maybe we need to update the subject lines
or the content of the FAQ Wizard.

>  Why doesn't Firefox (or other browsers, I think I've seen the same
>  behavior in Opera) offer me the chance to remember the Administrative
>  password for my site?

I'm not yet convinced that there is anything here that is not
answered in the FAQs.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.