[Mailman-Users] Problems with digests

Mário Filipe mjnf at uevora.pt
Thu Sep 7 15:57:01 CEST 2006

I have two problems with digests, and maybe you can help me:

- on one mailing list some users complain that they don't get their own
posts when they get the digest. I've tried this on a test list and i get
my posts so my question is if there is any setting which i might have
overlooked that would cause this?

- I'm using debian testing and recently some lists fail to send the
messages. I believe it is related to character-sets and maybe python,
but maybe some of you have a better idea. This is what I get on the

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in
    ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 142, in
    send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 324, in
    msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 393, in
    replace_payload_by_text(msg, sep.join(text), charset)
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 175, in
    msg.set_payload(text, charset)
  File "email/Message.py", line 218, in set_payload
  File "email/Message.py", line 242, in set_charset
TypeError: iso-8859-1

        Mário Filipe
        Serviço de Computação da Universidade de Évora
        mjnf at uevora.pt