[Mailman-Users] a few details

Matt Herzog msh at pigeonier.org
Mon Sep 11 16:32:54 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 12:04:31PM +0400, Oleg Dambaev wrote:

> echo "mailman:*:92:" >> /etc/group
>
> replace ``92'' with needed groupid

I sould preface this by saying it is 99% certain that all my mailman problems are due to NetBSD's pkgsrc being completely fubar, and I mean ALL of pkgsrc. I should prolly compile mailman outside of pkgsrc.

Thanks but I did have a mailman group and mailman user and the mailman package was compiled with:

MAILMAN_USER?=          mailman
MAILMAN_GROUP?=         mailman
MAILMAN_MAILGROUP?=     guest # group of user 'daemon'

I added:

MAILMAN_USER = 'mailman'
MAILMAN_GROUP= 'mailman'

to mm_cfg.py to fix the mailmanctl/daemon issue.

When I try try to accept an invitation to a group I get this bounce message:

<mung-request at pigeonnier.org>: Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/pkg/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request mung". Command output: Group
    mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed
+as
    group "guest", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
    group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
+group
    "guest", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
    `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.