[Mailman-Users] Changing the From field displayed to the user

Henrik Rasmussen her at adm.ku.dk
Fri Sep 15 14:13:06 CEST 2006

My Mailman list server is currently called
mailman.fullqualified.domain.name and this is reflected by the From
field in the mails sendt by the listsserver (From: root
root at mailman.fullqualified.domain.name
<mailto:root at mailman.full.domain.name> ). Instead I want to change the
displayed host name to list.fullqualified.domain.name in the e-mail
From: field and the webinterface.

Changing myhostname in the /etc/postfix/main.cf (and restarting the
Postfix server) does not work.
Changing mydomain in the /etc/postfix/main.cf (and restarting the
Postfix server) does not work.
myorigin is already set to $myhostname, so changing this would probably
not change anything either.

My colleague and I have read several documents, but until now we have't
found out anything usefull (in means of changing the From field).

Also I am uncertain whether I am suppose to make changes to the Mailman
configuration or the Postfix configuration in order to change the From
field, and there in which configuration file the changes should be made.

How can I set this up so the server appear as
list.fullqualified.domain.name?

Regards Henrik Rasmussen