[Mailman-Users] anti-virus triggering on digests

Ron Brogden rb at islandnet.com
Tue Sep 19 20:18:54 CEST 2006

Hello.  A list maintainer on a server I look after was reporting lost digests
when sending to Shaw Cable addresses.  I received the following from the Shaw
admins today on why this was occurring:

--------------------
Our AntiSpam
software is experiencing difficulties when scanning some of your daily
digests. The problem is that some of these digests are over 20 messages
deep with headers. At this time, the only solution we can see is to
change the format in which your digests are sent (to exclude the headers
from each attached message).

Please be aware that our AntiSpam implementation is one of the most
popular in the world. As such, it is very likely that other ISPs are
experiencing the same or similar difficulties.
--------------------

I am currently tracking down what anti-virus they are using on their end but
this does bring up the issue of digest format and whether this is something
unique to Mailman.

Has anyone else hit this issue?  Is there any immediate solution other than
trying to the lower digest size threshold so as to send out more often?

Cheers,

Ron

--
islandnet.com