[Mailman-Users] Re confirming subscriptions

Duncan Gordon duncan at gordon.co.za
Wed Sep 27 08:34:37 CEST 2006

I think ill use the original idea of mass delete mass subscribe.

I just need to make sure that the subscribtion email is nice and neat..

On 9/26/06, Patrick Bogen <pdbogen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/06, Duncan Gordon <duncan at gordon.co.za> wrote:
> > I can however ask my service provider to change the code for me...
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> There are probably several ways to do it. Some that come to mind are:
> (1) Adding a new state value to subscriptions for 'unconfirmed,' and
> then adding the appropriate infrastructure (e.g., to the web interface
> and/or the email command processor) for uses to confirm. (This is
> probably fairly difficult/complex)
> (2) Setting all users to delivery disabled, and sending out an email
> informing them that they need to 'reconfirm' by reenabling delivery
> (with instructions) (This may not be as 'neat' as you want, but
> doesn't actually require code changes, just the use of command-line
> utilities)
> P.s., please make sure to reply on-list, so that other, more
> knowledgable people, can weigh in, as well.
> --
> - Patrick Bogen

Isn't it time YOU had your own personalised domain and email address???

Please visit

Current Special R100pm for 150mb and 10 email addresses. Including Photo
Gallery Setup and Installation. See www.launch.co.za as an example.

Cell: 083 258-4000
Fax:  086 628 3917

"A mouse is an elephant built by the Japanese."