[Mailman-Users] Infamous error "ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1"

Rolf E. Sonneveld R.E.Sonneveld at sonnection.nl
Mon Apr 2 14:13:29 CEST 2007

Dear Tokio,

first of all, thanks for your reply.

Tokio Kikuchi schreef:

>> However, when I try to access Mailman via my browser (using Apache on
>> the server side) I get the infamous error message:
>
>> The /usr/local/lib version seems to be more recent. Before
>> installation, I made sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set to
>
> So, the apache was not running under LD_LIBRARY_PATH envrironment.
> You should setenv LD_RUN_PATH while compiling or use crle.  Read the
> crle man for detail.

I forgot to mention that: before I compiled Python and Mailman, I
changed the crle from:

Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config
  Default Library Path (ELF):   /lib:/usr/lib  (system default)
  Trusted Directories (ELF):    /usr/lib/secure:/opt/SUNWmsgsr/lib

into:

Configuration file [version 4]: /var/ld/ld.config
  Trusted Directories (ELF):
/usr/lib/secure:/opt/SUNWmsgsr/lib:/usr/local/lib

Then I rebooted the system and only after that was done, I started
compiling. However, Apache was compiled under the old crle settings. Do
you mean I should recompile Apache?

/rolf