[Mailman-Users] Getting users to confirm

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 2 21:39:49 CEST 2007

Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

>Where would I go about changing the subject line of the confirmation
>requests, and what would people recommend.

You may have already done this, but if the subject you are seeing is
"confirm <hex token>", You can change it to "Your confirmation is
required to join the %(listname)s mailing list" by setting

VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

in mm_cfg.py, assuming your MTA can handle the VERP like address in the
reply.

If you have done this, and you are asking about changing the "Your
confirmation is required to join the %(listname)s mailing list"
subject, this requires patching the text in the
GetConfirmJoinSubject() definition in Mailman/MailList.py.

You can also edit the body of the message by making an edited version
of the verify.txt template. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>.

>Am I the only experiencing this?  I believe that I've made things
>clear to users on my static pages
>
>   http://lists.shepard-families.org/
>
>and in all of the administrative messages I send to the list.  But
>this just doesn't seem to be enough.
>
>Also is there a way to get a listing of all things pending
>confirmation (not just subscriptions, but address changes as well)?

bin/dumpdb lists/<listname>/pending.pck

will show them, albeit in a cryptic form. Also, it shows some that are
expired so you have to look at the timestamps in the 'evictions'
dictionary.