[Mailman-Users] Topics and senders

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Apr 5 01:17:28 CEST 2007

Martin Dennett wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>
>> What Mailman version is this, and is it a package or a source install?
>>
>> I've only actually tested this on 2.1.5, but I see nothing in the code
>> in other versions that would affect it.
>It's version 2.1.9.cp2, and a package. I'm with Site 5.

OK. I've tested this now with Mailman 2.1.9+ with the same result,
namely an urgent message is sent to all list members regardless of
delivery status, regular/digest or other filters.

Thus, not sending urgent messages to delivery disabled members in your
case is most likely a cPanel 'feature'. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.011.htp>.

In any case, it seems that using the Urgent: header for these kinds of
messages is still a good solution for you as your Topics method didn't
deliver to delivery disabled members either, nor did it deliver
immediately to digest members, and the Urgent: header avoids the reply
problem with topics.