[Mailman-Users] Size Limits of Files?

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 21:24:25 CEST 2007

I had a user complain that she could not send mail, reply, or check Sent
Mail.
She would click on "Sent" and after awhile it would just download a file
called right_main.php.

After some checking I found that the file was pretty large 193MB, though
there were other files that were larger, but still accessible.

My 'fix' or hack, whatever you will call it, was to split the file into
three sets (2005, 2006, 2007), using the same MAILMAN header for each file.
I then subscribed to these new 'folders' and viola she had access to all of
her Sent mail. I then moved the data from 2007 back into the actual Sent
mail file. Now when she composes mail it will have some semblance of working
correctly.

My question is why did it break in the first place.

--
In vino veritas.
        [In wine there is truth.]