[Mailman-Users] Two Problems with Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Apr 7 02:04:21 CEST 2007

<janedoe at mardiweb.com> wrote:

>My first problem is that the program seems to be inserting a carriage return
>at 80 characters in the archives and in the digests.  This is causing URL's
>to be truncated and has elicited a lot of complaints from my users.

See
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1495122&group_id=103&atid=100103>
for a description of the problem that I think is probably causing this
and a patch to fix it.

>The second is not really a problem, but a request.  Is there any way to sort
>the archives by date in descending order rather than ascending order?  It
>makes no sense for the newest posts to be at the bottom of the list.

I suggest that it does make sense to some people, particularly those
who like to read the question before the answer, however, to answer
your question, no there is not a way short of modifying the archiving
code.