[Mailman-Users] Unknown User

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Apr 7 20:49:04 CEST 2007

Bill Loy wrote:

>I checked and it is set up there as per the instructions, I also tried
>re-installing mailman just in case

It is not a Mailman issue, it is a Postfix configuration issue. Postfix
is not seeing the alias for <list at domain.name>.

If the aliases are in Mailman's data/aliases, and postalias has been
run to update aliases.db (you could run Mailman's bin/genaliases to
make sure aliases and aliases.db are up to date), and Mailman's
data/aliases is referenced in Postfix's alias_maps, then this is some
other Postfix issue which might better be persued on a Postfix list.