[Mailman-Users] Are edits to data/aliases preserved

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Tue Apr 10 22:21:47 CEST 2007

I'm using mailman with postfix.  Mailman creates and modifies the file

    mailman/data/aliases

which is (indirectly) used by postfix for the aliases that mailman uses.

I would like to edit some of the content of that file by hand, in
particularly I want bounces to both be processed by mailman and sent
to the list owner.  So I'd like to change the line

spirit-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces spirit"

spirit-bounces:     "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces
spirit", spirit-owner

Will such an edit survive any future mailman additions to data/
aliases?  Also, is there some other/better way of achieving what I
want to achieve (seeing all bounces and having mailman process them

Cheers,

-j