[Mailman-Users] hostname appears in URLs, despite hostname is not set in DEFAULT_URL_HOST

Rolf E. Sonneveld R.E.Sonneveld at sonnection.nl
Fri Apr 13 12:47:25 CEST 2007

Hi,

running Mailman 2.1.9. I have tried to find the answer to this question
in the FAQs but didn't succeed. Please bear with me if this has been
asked before.

As per the configure parameters --with-mailhost and --with-urlhost I
have in my Defaults.py the following definitions:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'lists.domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.domain.com'

Mailman is running on a host with name 'hostname.domain.com'

When I first tried to create a list, Mailman gave the following error
message:

Error: Unknown virtual host: hostname.domain.com

Then I added the line:

add_virtualhost('hostname.domain.com','lists.domain.com')

to the end of mm_cfg.py. Now that solved my problem of the list
creation. However, whenever a new list is created, the URL's in all list
related messsages contain http://hostname.domain.com and NOT
http://lists.domain.com

How can I use the lists.domain.com to show up in the URL in messages
that go to subscribers, moderators etc.?

/rolf