[Mailman-Users] message archiving problem

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Apr 16 06:47:00 CEST 2007

Mark Sapiro writes:

 > I said in my first reply
 >
 >  A single post should be archived as one message unless it containes
 >  lines beginning with "From " (*nix mbox separators), but I think the
 >  current archiver escapes extraneous "From " lines, so even these won't
 >  cause a single message to be separated in the archive.

Are you sure?  pipermail's command line tool obviously has to respect
From_ separators, since it processes whole mailboxes in one gulp.  The
email module does optionally do from-stuffing when it writes out a
message, but it might be tricky to get this right on input, since the
archiver function can operate either pipelined on a single message or
batch processing a whole mbox file.