[Mailman-Users] flowed.text

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 17 07:50:44 CEST 2007

Jojo Almario wrote:

>I had found a fix for inserted line breaks in Mailman on source fourge
>(<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1495122&group_id=103&atid=100103> and one of Mark Sapiro's posts),
>but I don't have any idea how to apply it?  I am not the admin for the
>mailman server, but I do have an account on that server and I can do some
>command line.  Has anyone applied the patch that can lend some guidance.

You may or may not have sufficient access to apply the patch, but even
if you do, it would not be appropriate for you to do so without the
knowledge and consent of whoever administers Mailman on the server.

The procedure is

1) download the flowed.patch.txt file from the above sourceforge page.
2) cd to Mailman's Mailman/Handlers/ directory
3) give the command

  patch -b < /path/to/flowed.patch.txt

This will apply the patch to Decorate.py and Scrubber.py and create
backup files Decorate.py.orig and Scrubber.py.orig.

4) give the command

  /path/to/mailmans/bin/mailmanctl restart

At step 3) you need to be able to understand the output from the patch
command sufficiently to know whether or not the application of the
patch succeeded.

I strongly suggest that you need to get the server's Mailman
administrator to do this for you.