[Mailman-Users] List owner changes anomalies

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Thu Apr 19 22:30:41 CEST 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 12:35:28 Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 5:23 AM -0700 4/19/07, David Southwell wrote:
> >  1. When logging on to admin/listname the old owner run by address is
> > shown on the Administrator Authentication page.
> >  2. Clicking on the run by address in the Administrator Authentication
> > page causes the old address to be passed to mail program.
> >  3. On the Mailing list general options page the new owners run by
> > address is shown.
> >  4 Clicking on the run by address in Mailing list general options page
> > causes the old address to be passed to mail program.
> >  5. All other pages are as 1 & 2 unless they are reloaded. Following
> > reload they behave as 3&4.
> >  6. After logout state 5 is again applicable.
>
> Hmm.  This sounds like it might be related to the kinds of problems
> discussed in FAQ 4.45, 4.65, and 4.71, although I may be wrong.  You
> should at least check them out and follow the relevant links that are
> provided.
Thanks for your input BUT...

UMPh - nothing like the circumstances referred to in any of the FAQ,s which
focus on the need for reauthentication . The circumstances I describe, have
nothing to do with that issue as the need for re-authorization does not
occur.

This seems to be a bug where the [list-owner_ID] is not being properly
maintained. I realize I have a possible clue that may help someone who is
familiar with mailman's logic. The original email address for the owner was
given in error. It was an email address that would not have been validatable!
Does that help anyone to get to the bottom of this?
david