[Mailman-Users] Configuration check

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Apr 20 01:06:45 CEST 2007

David Southwell wrote:

>Is there a mailman command that dumps the current running configuration
>options?

If you mean the options specified to configure when the software was
initially configured, the answer is No. Some options are evident in
certain settings in Defaults.py, but --with-mail-gid isn't one of them.

>I have been having trouble with the --with-mail-gid=mailman option and errors
>reports. I am wanting to check whether I am getting the errors messages. This
>means either --with-mail-gid=mailman is not set OR something else is going
>wrong. I believe the latter to be the case OR something is not correct with
>the compile.

Did you configure and make Mailman? If so, the configure command line
should be available in config.log in the directory you configured in.

If this is a package, be aware that various packagers use various
tricks to enable setting of the expected mail group at run time.

Also see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq06.016.htp>.