[Mailman-Users] List owner changes anomalies

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Apr 20 01:22:17 CEST 2007

At 1:30 PM -0700 4/19/07, David Southwell wrote:

>  UMPh - nothing like the circumstances referred to in any of the FAQ,s which
>  focus on the need for reauthentication . The circumstances I describe, have
>  nothing to do with that issue as the need for re-authorization does not
>  occur.

Those FAQ entries relate to changes being made in the user interface,
but not being saved by Mailman, and this kind of problem can have a
number of different causes.

I referenced those FAQ entries because your problem sounded vaguely
similar, albeit not identical.

>  This seems to be a bug where the [list-owner_ID] is not being properly
>  maintained. I realize I have a possible clue that may help someone who is
>  familiar with mailman's logic. The original email address for the owner was
>  given in error. It was an email address that would not have been validatable!
>  Does that help anyone to get to the bottom of this?

That's as far as I can go.  Maybe Mark or Tokio will have more luck.