[Mailman-Users] web interface bug after restore mailman

Cen Gao cengao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 03:06:19 CEST 2007

Dear mailman users:

I've some problems after I restore the mailman list from backup on my mac.
By restoring the list, I simply follow the step  described in the link below.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-March/018084.html

Now mailman works well and it can distribute mail without any problem.
The only problem I get is I can not access any web interface pages and
it shows the error message as below.

*********
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.9

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of
traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited,
but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.
**********

I am pretty sure that my httpd is configured well.(Otherwise, I should get a "
404 not found" error rather than this)
check_perms  shows no permission problem.
I even did a reinstall from source and the problem remains.

And it seems that the  $mailman/logs/error didn't show any error, nor
I can found any in /var/logs/

Any ideas? Or beside the entire $mailman folder, the httpd.config
file, the postfix alias database, is there any other file I should
restore also?

thanks a lot

Cen