[Mailman-Users] Fw: problem in Makefile for mailman

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Aug 3 18:32:35 CEST 2007

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Geo wrote:
> >I installed FreeBSD6.2 by FTP from ftp.freebsd.org and installed Mailman

> This is not our Makefile. We don't know what it looks like. We can't
> tell you how to make it work.

To repeat myself, the solution is to -not- use the freebsd port. Install
mailman from it's source, using it's procedures. You'll have less headaches.

The bsd ports/packages system is a wonderful thing, IMHO better than
pretty much all of the linux-based ones, but sometimes a software
package just installs better from it's released source code or sometimes
you need a compile option that just isn't handled by the port makefiles.
/usr/local/src can be your friend :-)

z!
part-time bsd geek