[Mailman-Users] Follow-up Weird problem data format error.Commandoutput Mailbox does'nt exist

carconni carconni at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 3 20:17:33 CEST 2007

Hi Mark,

I decided to make a copy of the /var/mailman/data/aliases.db file
yesterday.  I wanted to see if it changed after the server rebooted.
Well the server rebooted a couple of minutes ago and I took a look at
the directory:

-rw-r-----         1 root     mailman                 41 Apr 12 11:39
adm.pw
-rw-rw----       1 root     mailman        228933 Aug  2 15:17 aliases
-rwxrwxr-x     1 mailman  mailman     81920 Aug  2 15:17 aliases.db
-rwxr-xr-x       1 mailman  mailman  344064 Aug  2 22:32 aliases.db.bak
-rwxrwsr-x      1 mailman  mailman             0 Aug  1  2006 bounce-
events-00481.pck

(notice how the aliases, aliases.db and aliases.db.bak are all
different sizes?)

It appears that the aliase.db does somehow get reverted to an earlier
version of itself (very weird) - but it would explain why I loosing
lists and users.  I took your advice and postalias aliases/postfix
reload and that worked:

corp-admin2:/var/mailman/data root# ls -l
total 5376
-rw-r-----   1 root     mailman      41 Apr 12 11:39 adm.pw
-rw-rw----   1 root     mailman  228933 Aug  2 15:17 aliases
-rwxrwxr-x   1 mailman  mailman  344064 Aug  3 11:04 aliases.db
-rwxr-xr-x   1 mailman  mailman  344064 Aug  2 22:32 aliases.db.bak

Your absolutely right, postifx isn't doing what it should on boot
up.  But where is that old db file coming from?

still looking....