[Mailman-Users] HTML-format Attachments in the List Archives

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Aug 14 23:52:36 CEST 2007

On 8/14/07, Barry Finkel wrote:

>  When I click on the .gif or .jpeg hyperlinks, I see the images.
>  But when I click on the .htm hyperlink, I see the HTML text.
>  If I take that HTML text, save it to /tmp, and then open that file
>  with Firefox, I see the mail message properly formatted.

I believe that this is likely a problem with the mimetypes database
on your webserver.  It's sending the file as a text/plain when it
should be using an HTML MIME type.

>  I have looked at the ARCHIVE_HTML_SANITIZER variable in Defaults.py,
>  and I am not clear what value to set so that the .htm hyperlink
>  will display the formatted HTML source instead of the raw HTML source.
>  Is this the parameter that I need to change?

I don't think that this has anything to do with Mailman or Python,
but I may be wrong.  At the very least, check out your mimetypes
database for your webserver and see if there's anything obvious there.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0