[Mailman-Users] Not able to receive email from list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 3 20:17:56 CET 2007

Chris Arnold wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>> But they are the same box ...
>>>
>No, they are different boxes

They look the same to me from the outside. So are you saying that there
is a local network behind the one externally visible IP.

That would explain a few things such as mailman is talking to an MTA on
localhost and not to Postfix on the other box so that's why there is
nothing in the maillog on the other box.

Also Postfix on the other box can't deliver to a non-local Mailman.

>> It is not clear what these errors mean. If they are not persistent,
>> they may be the result of some manual intervention with the MTA. What
>> is in the maillog relating to these?
>That's just what is more confusing, they don't even reference anything
>to these.

Try looking in the log of the MTA that Mailman is talking to on it's
own 'localhost'