[Mailman-Users] How to stop spam emails

Cyndi Norwitz cyndi at tikvah.com
Sat Dec 8 08:04:28 CET 2007

   Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 00:27:11 -0600
   From: Brad Knowles <brad at shub-internet.org>

   >    Mailman doesn't have great tools for this.  Instead, you should
   >    configure your mail server to reject or discard the spam messages
   >    before they ever get to Mailman.
   >
   >  Any ideas how to do this when your ISP is hosting Mailman?

   That would be the responsibility of your ISP.  If they're not doing
   their job, then maybe you might want to find a different provider of
   this particular service.

Well, I'm happy with my ISP and have no plans to move *again*.  But I will
ask them again if they can do it.  The reply I got from them was: "In the
future Sonic.net could integrate SpamAssassin into Mailman but that's not
currently on anyones plate."

Thanks,
Cyndi